Thursday, June 22, 2006

Erwin

"I'm going to die, and you're going to die. I'm just going to die sooner and with more intentionality." - Erwin McManus

Well, right now I am hanging out in my mate Sean's flat in North Hollywood kind of decompressing from Conference. Conference was awesome! I made some really good connects and also established what hopefully will be some amazing friendships! Our speaker was Erwin McManus. I had visited his church (Mosaic) when I was last in Los Angeles, however, I approached him at breakfast and was able to speak with him a bit! He was a good speaker. He has written a few books. We were given "Barbarian Way" by him as a gift when we graduated from our participant year. I'm honestly not a huge fan of his writing, however, his speaking reached me right where I'm at. It reminded me of what fuels my passion to do what God has called me to do. My passion is to be where the people are, to be intentional about how I live my life. I want to live a life so in tune with Christ Jesus that others will never be able to see me, just Him. I want to be a redeeming presence in whatever neighborhood I'm in to whomever lives there. That is my prayer and my passion.

1 Comments:

At 3:25 PM , Blogger Josh said...

Thanks! Unfortunately I'm already back in Scotland. I love Erwin's sermons. Did you go to his church at the school - or at the night club?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home