Monday, May 29, 2006

Back in Scotland

So, it's Thursday in Duesseldorf and it's raining. Moreover I'm on a tram line that's taking me somewhere that is a semi-unknown destination. The tram (or Stadt [S]Bahn) stops and three men come on. The lead man comes over to me and shows me an ID card and then starts talking with me. He asks to see my ticket, which I show him. Then he asks for my passport. By this point 2 other men have come on and are surrounding me. At this point I'm thinking "oh crap". The first man asks me why I stamped my ticket so many times and I tell him that I thought that it needed to be every time I got on the public transport. He just looks at me, slightly annoyed. I ask the cop standing in front of me why they need to see my passport. He says, "I can't tell you yet." By this point I'm thinking "great, I'm going to spend the night in a German jail." Then the man with my passport asks me, "Do you have 40 Euros?" I don't and am now praying very heavily. Finally he gives me my passport back and tells me that I only needed to stamp my ticket once and that normally he would have fined me 40 Euros for stamping it more than that. I get off free, and that was only one of the ways that God really provided for me on my trip. The two guys in pictured with me above are Jean and Tomas. Jean was in town checking out the university, so he became a doorway into student life that I normally wouldn't have had. Also, a contact that Anne gave me, was able to meet with me last minute. Through him, I was able to get a glimpse into Duesseldorf that I had really been praying for! God totally answered prayer, one after another! It was awesome! Thanks to all of you who prayed! I really appreciated it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home