Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year


According to the song, it's Christmas, however, I think it's wrong. The most wonderful time of the year has to be spring. This is for a variety of reasons, one of which it's when our Savior died and rose again. However, living in Glasgow it's also the best time of the year as it's the prettiest. It's been really sunny here all week. Yesterday I had some reading to do, but I didn't have to stay here in Glasgow to do it, so I took a cheap train ride out into the country to the village of Balloch which has the equivalent of a state park in it. I hadn't been out in nature like that in a long time. The beauty of it really overwhelmed me. This is a picture I found online that's similar to what it looked like. I found a stream that fed into a river that fed into Loch Lomond (longest loch in Scotland) and followed it until I had to go back. It was so beautiful and inspired my soul to sing to my Creator. I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to do this. It was like those times when you need refreshing, but you just don't realize it.

1 Comments:

At 10:19 AM , Blogger Jason said...

I think we share a love for nature! You did a great job explaining your day @ Balloch during check-in, so much so that I can't wait to go out there!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home